RIESS Porcelain Enamelware
RIESS: Porcelain Enamel
Find in our brand shop high-quality cookware made of enamel and enjoy therefore aroma-neutral, energy-saving and healthy cooking, baking and storage.Since 1922, the traditional Austrian family business has been enamelling cookware in many colors and designs. The RIESS products are produced regionally, by hand in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel and, thanks to their own hydropower, CO2-neutral.
Over nine generations, our family has been creating kitchenware in Ybbsitz in the Lower Austrian Mostviertel region since 1550. Since 1922, we have specialised in the manufacture of top-quality enamelware.
All About Porcelain Enamel
Porcelain enamel has been a valuable material for kitchenware since the end of the nineteenth century, thanks to its rust-free surface coating, high level of cleanliness and easiness to clean. This was when the technological breakthrough was made that allowed the elements of glass and iron to be firmly bound together.
Porcelain enamel is an ancient material - the first pieces of porcelain enamel found buried in Mycenae are 3,500 years old.
Porcelain enamel has been popular in many cultures for jewellery and in arts and crafts. Carl Peter Fabergé used porcelain enamel to decorate his famous eggs, which he made out of precious materials for the Russian tsars between 1885 and 1917.
Ten Good Reasons to Use RIESS Porcelain Enamel in Cooking.
- CO2 neutral. It is made from natural materials, using green energy from our own hydroelectric power, produced in an environmentally-friendly way in Austria.
- for induction and all types of cookers.
- extremely firm scratch-resistant, as the surface of the enamelware is made from hard glass.
- easy to clean and anti-bacterial. The smooth, non-porous surface ensures a perfect level of hygiene when cooking, baking and conserving food and enables healthier cooking.
- perfect for healthier and energy-saving cooking. The strong iron core and the specially constructed base allow heat to be conducted quickly. The heat input can be reduced quickly, allowing energy to be saved and food to be cooked gently.
- odour neutral. Porcelain enamel is a coating made from glass. This means that all food and ingredients retain their natural, unadulterated taste.
- heat-resistant till 450° - maximal recommended working temperature 220°
- durable and, if cared for and used properly, this cookware will last for many years.
- available in a variety of colours and designs. Porcelain enamel brings vitality into the kitchen.
- recyclable into scrap metal.
The Company - KELOMAT
The success story of the Austrian quality brand KELOMAT began in 1948 in Upper Austria. This is where the company Gruber & Kaja established KELOMAT with production of high-quality pressure cookers. The original cookers were manufactured of aluminium, changing over in 1978 to highest quality stainless steel – Edelstahl 18/10
Everything about cooking, frying, braising, baking, cutting, preparing and serving is provided by KELOMAT in the program.